Tuesday, 31 December 2013

First proper project

Okay, so the reason I am calling this a proper project is because I am actually following instructions this time, lol, which I don't usually do. Usually I just "wing it" I like that saying "winging it"


Here is the pattern that I am attempting, yes it says its .70 cents! Mum brought a suitcase of patterns from www.trademe.co.nz and this came inside the suitcase long with a whole lot of other patterns. So the blue Butterick 5084.

I have sized myself to be a 12 and will alter it in height and where needs be.

I have a tiny bit more cutting and them time to piece it together, will blog later with an update!!

The pattern had never been used, so there was a lot of cutting involved!


I am very lucky to have a nice big table to cut material on, before this I was using the floor and that was not so nice or easy! I use the spare room too, so this table is easy to collapse when we have people over.


Its great to have a manikin.
I can pin up all the pieces once I have cut and it just makes
 the dress easy for me to visualise.






No comments:

Post a Comment