Monday, 23 December 2013

My ups and downs of sewing



I haven't sewn since College, you know tech class, forced sewing, along with wood work, metal work and cooking - if they still do that these days then you will know what I am talking about.
I did like it but just the same with most things, time took a hold and I haven't done anything since.
That was about 15-16 years ago.

Why I started again...
I hate not being able to fit into store brought clothes, HATE IT! I am a short pear shaped women and with that comes 6 inch hemming up of clothing, jeans that never fit right and gaping pants that never fit right.
I want to be able to have more control
I want to be able to wear pretty clothing and not worry about how it will fit

So join me in my journey of how I sew. 




A little about the Pear Shape!
I have read that the pear shape is the most common figure proportion for women, this makes me feel a little good! What that means is that the widest part of your body is below your waist at your hips. No matter what your height is, you can be a pear shape.

So for pears, it is all about balancing out the hips to the upper part of your body.
 Also attracting more attention to the upper half then the lower half. Eg: wear dark colours on the bottom and bright colours on the top, bold necklaces are a great accessory to give attention to the top half of your body. Wear clothes that focus of the upper half to give attention to that area more.





No comments:

Post a Comment