Monday, 23 December 2013

Its not working!!!!! Why is it not working!


SO SO SO MUCH FRUSTRATION. All I wanted was to make a simple elastic skirt and I screwed it one after the other after the other. I did make the skirt, well I made a few.



I thought I was doing something wrong in my sewing to make it go puffy at the back and the front, it should go straight down but it puffs out instead.


So annoying.


After a lot of Googling I came to realise that the blue pretty flowery material that I brought was not right for the skirt I envisioned, it was too light. What I should have done was figure out what type of material I needed beforehand. 


Or maybe I should have read the really good Burda book the mum gave me!




The BurdaStyle Sewing Handbook by +Nora Abousteit and Alison Dahl Kelly



After feeling stupid I took a few days off!

2 comments:

  1. No need to feel dumb, us sewers all have a story or two to tell. I'm not a big fan of an elastic waist, but you have two, okay three options. 1. Keep the waistband and add loops so that you can wear a belt. This will keep the puffs down, 3 loops on the back, the sides and two in front of the skirt. 2. Remove the elastic. Now you can add darts and a zipper, if you have extra fabric, add a waistband. 3. Start over! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you soooo much for your advice! I was so upset at myself. Thank you. I will try option 1 for now and I can see how the darts and zipper would suit my body shape shape better as well. Thanks Nina

    ReplyDelete